Confirmation is a special outpouring of the Holy Spirit which brings an increase and deepening of baptismal grace - it seals our baptism.
Through Confirmation we are rooted more deeply to God the Father and united more firmly to Christ. The gifts of the Holy Spirit are increased within us, and our bond with the Church becomes more perfect. We also receive the special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith in our words and actions. In the world today all of us, including our children, need all the strength we can get to do good and avoid the distractions and temptations that can draw us away from God.
Confirmation preparation is a two consecutive year process for students starting in 7th grade or above. All youth need to be baptized in the Catholic Church (a copy of the baptismal certificate is needed) and have celebrated the sacraments of 1st Reconciliation and 1st Eucharist in order to enroll in this preparation.
Registrations for Returning Students 2017-18 start April 12, 2017.
Registrations for New Students 2017-18 June 5, 2017.
Please look at the Confirmation packet for more information:
- Program Overview
- Behavior agreement
- Student/ parent commitment
- 1st-year students
- 2nd-year students
- Diocesan Youth Activity Release packet
- Guide to choosing a Sponsor (needed for 2nd-year students)
- Sponsor Application (needed for 2nd-year students)
- Ministry flier
- Student important papers for the year
- List of prayers and doctrine
- Confirmation Name & Report Info (needed for 2nd-year students)